Blender / Forklift Driver
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
Richmond & Hawkesbury
Our Client is a leading aerosol can manufacturer and are seeking an experienced Batch maker /Blender / Forklift driver to join their team, initially in a casual, leading to a permanent opportunity.
This work is based in a warehousing and manufacturing environment and is suitable for someone who has sound experience in batch making and is willing to improve their knowledge and undertake training.
Main Duties for the role would include:
- Mixing, batching and weighing up of ingredients
- Machine operation and cleaning
- Loading and Unloading product
- Replenish and Put- away
- Lifting up to 20kgs
Key responsibilities & Requirements:
- Accurately measure and process chemical ingredients using specific tools and equipment as per instructions.
- Maintain the highest quality standards while operating the equipment and producing batches.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely in accordance with established safety practices
- Ensure the work area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and follow safe handling procedures for all chemicals.
- Ensure that all goods are properly labelled and packaged.
- Correctly prepare, document and carryout activities associated with receiving raw materials; shipping finished goods and material movement throughout the warehouse and manufacturing areas.
- Operate, monitor and maintain Plant Equipment and Utilities.
- Carry out operational maintenance on equipment as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
- Ensure that hazardous materials are stored in designated areas.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts to ensure the accuracy of the inventory.
- Reliable and Punctual.
- Good attention to detail.
- Organised, efficient and pro-active.
- Ability to read and follow work procedures.
- Must be able to understand and read & write English.
- Must be able to develop a comprehensive knowledge of production, unit operations and able to trouble- shoot
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and mathematical skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organisation and communication skills