Heavy Diesel Mechanic | Service Technician
Thursday, July 30, 2020
Take home over $1600 a week on average
Your New Company
Come and join this small friendly team located in the Penrith region. These guys are leaders in their field, sustainable transport, earthmoving, material supply, and disposal. They are growing and looking for an all-rounder Diesel/Plant Mechanic to complement their team and essentially run the workshop and take ownership.
Your New Role
As the Head Mechanic, your role is to ensure all trucks, plant equipment, excavators, loaders etc are serviced, maintained, and in good working condition.
You are it! You are the only company employed mechanic onsite, with a range of specialized contractors available at your fingertips if required.
You will need to have experience in a similar role to help you hit the ground running.
A typical day working here;
After a thorough induction, a walk around the facility and meeting the team, you will then be shown the ropes.
- Typically starting ar 5am in the yard
- Carrying out any type of service, repairs, or maintenance on all company-owned trucks and plant equipment.
- Book in orders with contractors as required
- Keep track of all orders, scheduled servicing, and repairs
- Basic computer work, completing paperwork correctly and accurately
- Liaising with the team and contractors - face to face, email, phone
- Going out to site for urgent repairs as required
What you need to succeed
Excellent Work Ethic. Great attitude. Customer-focused. Professional. Excellent Communication. Friendly. Loyal. Fun. Sound like you?
You will also need;
- Trade qualified Diesel / Plant Mechanic
- Experienced with mechanical repairs on trucks, and a range of plant/civil equipment such as excavators, loaders, bobcats, even some mining equipment like crushers.
- Experienced organizing and keeping track of repairs and services
- Take ownership, follow-through, plan, lead by example
- Current Drivers licence - Truck licence preferred
A pre-employment medical will be required, including alcohol and drug screening.
What you need to know
This is not a normal mechanic role, you will be the company's Head Mechanic, you run the show! This is your time to shine, and take ownership of this role and really make it yours.
- Permanent fulltime role - no casual work
- Based in the Penrith region, with service work across Sydney
- Be part of a team, and a company that really do look after their staff
- Excellent opportunity to make this role your own and manage this impressive fleet
- Working typically 10-12 hour days + Saturdays (optional and when required)
- Pay rate starts from $40-$45 per hour + overtime + super
- Fully fitted out company vehicle supplied
- Company lunches, BBQ's, and events.