Process worker/ Batch maker
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Position: Permanent Chemical Batch Maker
Based in the Blacktown area our Client is a national manufacturer with 30 years experience in the manufacture and supply of waterproofing products and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Batch Maker.
On offer is a competitive pay rate and a safe working environment with a client that has a solid history of success and growth.
Duties will include:
- Gather and weigh raw materials based on specific quantities in pre-set formulas
- Mix chemicals in tanks following a formulation sheet
- Mix the appropriate materials in a mixing vat
- Make batch to QA viscosity
- Pour large batches of coatings into smaller containers and label products
- Wrap pallets and clean equipment/tanks.
- Complete the associated paperwork
- Operate the forklift to move products with in the facility
- Wear the appropriate PPE
To be successful for the role you will require:
- Ability to perform safe housekeeping and follow all safety rules
- Troubleshoot process, raw materials, and basic equipment problems
- Cleaning up work areas during and at completion of work and maintain work stations in a clean, neat and orderly fashion
- Must be capable of reading and understanding instructions/formulas
- Use forklifts, mixers, pumps and other manufacturing machinery
- Strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Fit and healthy as there is some lifting involved
- Initiative to work as a part of a team and autonomously
- Forklift licence or the desire to obtain one
We encourage hard work, recognition and opportunity and we stand behind our 30 years old and our brands.