Thursday, April 11, 2019
Melbourne - All locations
Generous base salary + Bonuses
Your new company
Our client is a leading Australian owned company in height safety and fall protection. They design, manufacture and install safety access systems across various industries. This role is to directly lead and manage the sales functions and to have a strong input in developing and implementing the strategies for the business.
The focus of the role is to provide direction and support to the sales team.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with exceptional commercial sales and business development experience with civil construction/infrastructure clients. You must possess strong communication skills as well as a drive and passion for sales and customer satisfaction.
Your duties will be many and varied, and will include:
- Manage and develop existing clients
- Plan and prepare sales presentations to prospective clients
- Plan individual sales strategies to suit clients
- Accurate preparation of cost estimates and submissions
- Maintain up to date knowledge of market, market trends and opportunities
- Liaise with sales and account development teams for new and existing clients
- Attend trade shows as applicable to represent the Company's products and services
- Manage the business development team to ensure the sales budget is met
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven track record of success in a Sales/BDM role in civil construction and or utilities sector, height safety, or a similar industry
- Previous experience within a management position
- Estimating/quoting experience
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of working at heights compliance and related Australian standards (advantageous but not essential)
- High level attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and development skills
What’s in it for you;
- Work for a Australian owned and operated business with a great reputation
- Work on a wide range of contracts, enjoy dealing with a large portfolio of clients in key and growing industries
- Permanent position with an attractive salary package and company vehicle
- Realistic revenue targets with a bonus scheme
- Work on multiple projects with an average order of $50k - $100k
If you have demonstrated sales background experience in the civil construction sector such as roads, rail, tunnels, utilities, Defence and utilities etc this could be the role for you.